2005-Present AAU Program
· Oversee development and training (team and individual) for young women with a desire to excel in basketball;
· Involvement in helping over 40 (and still growing) young women pursue their dream of playing collegiate ball;
· Extensive knowledge of the collegiate recruiting process and NCAA standards required;
· Current head coach of U15 sophomore top team;
· Coaching staff of 2006 U15 National Champions;
2004-Present: Lakota Athletic Dept.
· Football Coach-Varsity Assistant/Defensive backs: 2004;
· Football Coach-Varsity Assistant/Defensive Coordinator: 2005-present;
· Basketball Coach-Varsity Assistant: 2005-2010;
· 2007-2008: Coaching Staff Lakota West State Runner-up;
· 2008-2009: Coaching Staff Lakota West Final Four;
· Track Coach-Varsity Assistant: 2007-present.
1993-2001 National Football League
· Cornerback-Kansas City Chiefs: 1999-2001;
· Cornerback-New York Giants: 1998-1999;
· Cornerback-Indianapolis Colts: 1997-1998;
· Cornerback-Seattle Seahawks: 1993-1997.
1989-1993 University of Los Angeles, California
· B.A., Communication Studies: GPA 3.34;
· Recipient of NCAA Top Six Award (Scholar-Athlete);
· Two-time CoSida Academic All-American.
High School Experience
1985-1989 Forest Park High School
· Multiple sport varsity athlete: football, basketball, track;
· GPA 4.2 on 4.0 scale;
· Graduated 4th in class of 204;
· Recipient of Dial Award, Nation’s top student-athlete;
· First team All-League and All-City in football, basketball and track;
· Player of the Year in football;
· First team All-State in football and track, honorable mention in basketball;
· All American (USA Today and Parade) in football;
· McDonald’s nominee in basketball.
A Little about Myself/Coaching Philosophy
I am a Lakota West Teacher and Coach as well as Head Coach and Trainer for Cincinnati’s Finest AAU Girls Basketball Club. Former Forest Park athletic standout (multiple sports) and UCLA scholastic and athletic All American. Former national Football League Player.
Although no one person can take credit for any one kid, I know that I play a small role in assisting kids that are just trying to improve for the next year of school ball or those that have been fortunate to take their game to the highest levels of college basketball. I am highly dedicated to helping ALL players get the most out of their natural abilities, as well as pushing all kids to play the game at the highest level mentally.
I believe in a strong focus on hard work, academics, fundamentals and integrity when working with kids. I place a high emphasis on scholastic achievement as well as helping kids become well rounded individuals. Always finding ways in which I can make a difference and “give-back” to help our community be better for our young kids.
· 1991-1992: UCLA’s All-time CoSida Academic All American;
· 1992-1993: NCAA Post Graduate Scholarship Recipient;
· 1992-1993: National Football Foundation and Hall of Fame Scholarship Recipient;
· 1993 – Unanimous Football All-American at UCLA
· 1992-1993: NCAA Top Eight Awards Recipient;
· 1992-1993: NACDA/Disney Scholar-Athlete Award Recipient;
· 1999: Inducted into LaRosa’s (Cincinnati) Athletic Hall of Fame;
· 2002: Inducted into Winton Woods Athletic Hall of Fame;
· 2005: Inducted into UCLA’s Athletic Hall of Fame;
· 2006: Coaching Staff of 2006 AAU U15 National Champions;
· 2007-2008: Lakota West Girl’s basketball - State Runner-up;
· 2008-2009: Lakota West Girl’s Basketball - Final Four;
Community Involvement/Camps/Special Interest
· Created and implemented “Mega Session” training technique which incorporates all facets of basketball development – physical and mental;
· Development of individual and specific training sessions to help kids physically and mentally in the game of basketball;
· Collaborate with programs designed to help “at-risk” kids;
· Counselor at many camps – football and basketball – at many area high schools dedicated at teaching fundamental concepts of sport
· Established Foundation which provided scholarships to deserving male-female student athletes at Winton Woods High School;
· Involvement and support of organizations including but not limited to: UNCF, Say No, YMCA.